Steven Siler eliminated Micah Miller from Season 14 of “The Ultimate Fighter.” Now, he gets the older brother.
Siler will lock horns with American Top Team’s Cole Miller in a preliminary featherweight matchup at UFC on FX 2 this Friday at the Allphones Arena in Sydney, Australia, and he will do so as a heavy underdog in the eyes of many. A staggering 96 percent of users in the Sherdog MMA Pick’Em fantasy game expect Miller to exact some revenge on the Californian, as he moves to the featherweight division following a successful run at 155 pounds.
Miller (18-5, 7-3 UFC) last fought at UFC Live 5 in August, when he submitted T.J. O’Brien with a second-round guillotine choke at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee. The 27-year-old Georgian owns notable victories against “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 9 winner Ross Pearson and Strikeforce veteran Jorge Gurgel. A Brazilian jiu-jitsu brown belt, Miller has secured 13 of his 18 professional wins by submission.
The 25-year-old Siler (19-9, 1-0 UFC) made his promotional debut at “The Ultimate Fighter 14” Finale in December, as he recorded his fifth victory in six appearances and outpointed Josh Clopton in a unanimous decision at the Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas. Like Miller, he has delivered more than half (12) of his 19 career wins by submission.
Other Sherdog MMA Pick’Em trends for the UFC on FX 2 “Alves vs. Kampmann” prelims:
• By a strong 72-percent majority, participants favor World Extreme Cagefighting import Mackens Semerzier to defeat two-division Legacy Fighting Championship titleholder Daniel Pineda. The 26-year-old Pineda will step into the cage on a six-fight winning streak;
• “The Ultimate Fighter” Season 11 alum Kyle Noke will enter his middleweight matchup with undefeated newcomer Andrew Craig as a comfortable favorite, as 90 percent of users expect the Australian to emerge victorious;
• Shawn Jordan apparently raised some eyebrows with his second-round submission against Lavar Johnson under the Strikeforce banner in September. A wide margin -- 85 percent to be exact -- of Sherdog MMA Pick’Em players have pegged the former Louisiana State University fullback as the man to beat against fellow heavyweight Oli Thompson;
• More than seven out of 10 participants, 71 percent of them, foresee Fiore MMA representative Jake Hecht taking care of business against T.J. Waldburger;
• By a 3-to-1 margin, users anticipate and Anthony Perosh triumph over once-beaten Canadian newcomer Nick Penner. Perosh, a 39-year-old New Zealand, native has won back-to-back bouts;
• James Te Huna has won seven fights in eight appearances, including a 47-second knockout against Ricardo Romero at UFC 135 in September. As such, players have installed the 30-year-old Australian as a heavy 88-percent favorite against Aaron Rosa.