Rick Hawn's Blogs
SDS: McCall & Hieron
By: TJ De Santis
Greg Savage and Jeff Sherwood returned to The Sherdog Radio Network Monday for another edition of "The Savage Dog Show." Joining them were MMA fighters Ian McCall and Jay Hieron.Read more
Ian McCall looked stellar Friday night in Lemoore, California at The Tachi Palace. "Uncle Creepy" joined the show Monday to talk about his unanimous decision victory of Tennessee's Dustin Ortiz.
Saturday night Jay Hieron defeated Rick Hawn in the finals of Bellator's welterweight tournament. Though the fan's opinion of the bout vary as to who won the fight, Hieron claims to be surprised at the decision going his way was split. The Xtreme Couture product talks about the victory and his upcoming title shot with Ben Askren.
Check out the show and our archives by clicking here.
Hawn Compares Rigors of Judo to MMA
By: Sherdog.com Staff
Rick Hawn (Pictured), on “Beatdown,” discussing why he likely won’t return to judo competitions:Read more
“At this point in my career, I don’t think my body can take judo training. … Judo’s so hard on the body and the joints. I had my run. I made the [U.S. Olympic team]. That was my goal, my long-term goal in judo. Obviously it would have been nice to get a medal, but at this point in my life, it’s about something new. I’m excited about my MMA career. I’m doing well in it. I want to do this as long as my body can take it.”
- Opinion: Dissolve the UFC Flyweight Division, a Modest Proposal
- Opinion: Pacquiao-Khan and a Possible Lure for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Like Michael Carbajal, ‘Chocolatito’ is a Small Diamond Fitted for Big Ring
- The Indomitable Fight Inside Howard Davis Jr.
- Opinion: Alexander Gustafsson and the Dirk Nowitzki Parallels
- Premier Boxing Champions on Fox Sports 1 ‘Jackson vs. Uzcategui’ Results & Play-by-Play
- Boxing: Andre Dirrell Withdraws from Oct. 17 PBC Bout due to Medical Reasons
- Radio Poll: Who Should Daniel Cormier Fight Next?
- This Month’s MMA Birthdays: Rich Franklin Turns 41
- Video: Fighter Poops in Cage After Being Choked in West Virginia