Scott Smith's Blogs
Smith on Dramatic TKO Against Le
Smith on Le Fight: Expect Fireworks
Checking in With Matt Lindland
Strikeforce Port-Mortem: What’s Next
By: Jake Rossen
My tactful, indisputably articulate summary of Strikeforce’s second Showtime event: 16 years after UFC 1, and Gracie Jiu-jitsu is still running sh-t.Read more
Kind of. Cesar Gracie students Nick Diaz and Jake Shields didn’t enter the cage Saturday night relying on sleeve chokes, but they used their grappling as the garnish for two impressive performances against two dangerous men.
Diaz -- who fought Scott Smith -- had his jaw tested against a younger, fresher middleweight than previous opponent Frank Shamrock, and he came out largely unscathed for the effort. He also became quite possibly the first non-video game character to land 200 punches in a three-round mixed martial arts fight. (I’ll consult with my statistician. Once someone hires me one.)
- Crawford Dominates Postol to Unify Half of the 140-Pound Titles
- Sunday Morning UFC Coffee: Who Won The Fight Last Night?
- UFC Chicago Highlight Video: Watch Francis Ngannou Blast Bojan Mihajlovic
- UFC Chicago Highlight Video: Watch Felice Herrig Finish Kailin Curran in First
- Picking & Grinning: UFC on Fox 20 ‘Holm vs. Shevchenko’