Mixed martial arts journalism is a serious business. Following the MMA community on Twitter, is not. The following is a light-hearted (and sometimes insightful) look at how the combat sports world viewed UFC Fight Night 29 via social networking.
See a tweet that demands recognition? Send it to Sherdog.com Managing Editor Mike Fridley via @mikefridley.
Brazilian fighters won 4 out of 6 on the main card. Something tells me Brazilian fans are anything but satisfied with .667 batting average.— Bleacher Report MMA (@BR_MMA) October 10, 2013
@jordanbreen I feel the same way abt men and getting the O's— midnite (@123midnite) October 10, 2013
I think a chunck of Carlos Condit 's knee got lodged in Kim's brain and manifested itself in this fight.— RJ Clifford (@RJcliffordMMA) October 10, 2013
Right hand injury? How will Silva eat his post-fight buffet?— Rob Tatum (@RobTatumMMA) October 10, 2013
Matt Hamill gets 25% of Thiago Silva's purse, if anyone at the arena is selling oxygen tanks they can prob get the other 75%— Chris Nelson (@3amMMA) October 10, 2013
That was crap! When someone is clearly tapping and the ref can't even pull him off Dana need for fine Palhares to... http://t.co/UriKsO0mXq— Ben Askren (@Benaskren) October 9, 2013
Mike Pierce will now wonder if it's torn up... I'm talking about his contract, not his knee.— TJ De Santis (@TJDeSantis) October 9, 2013
Toquinho just beat Mike Pierce more convincingly than anyone else in history. Load up the leglockin' hype train until the next gas shortage.— Jordan Breen (@jordanbreen) October 9, 2013
Mike Pierce can 'quietly win' 42 fights in a row and he will sadly be no closer to a title welterweight title shot than I am.— Stephie D (@CrooklynMMA) October 9, 2013
That oil check by Dillashaw was so deep, the University of Phoenix is awarding him a degree in proctology.— jim genia (@jim_genia) October 9, 2013
If TJ would have fought in Sacramento he wins that decision. I'm just guessing.— Sherdog (@TheSherdoggy) October 9, 2013
Saying someone looks like Renan Barao in a way other than "resembles him when he fights" is definitely throwing some serious shade on a man.— Jordan Breen (@jordanbreen) October 9, 2013
Damn. I was hoping Garett Whiteley would get the win over Alan Patrick so "Tread Whiteley" could become a thing.— Tristen Critchfield (@TCritchfield52) October 9, 2013
Odds are if you're an American and your first appearance in the Octagon is in Brazil, you're really not ready for the Octagon.— jim genia (@jim_genia) October 9, 2013