Bellator President Scott Coker Addresses 50 Cent’s $2 Million Offer to Khabib Nurmagomedov

By Tristen Critchfield Oct 14, 2018

Rapper Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson may have a promotional and licensing agreement with Bellator MMA, but that doesn’t mean he speaks for the promotion when it comes to pursuing fighters from other organizations.

Jackson recently made a lucrative proposal to UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov on social media.

“I think it’s wrong what the UFC is doing to Khabib. They didn’t do the same thing to [Conor] McGregor,” Jackson wrote on Twitter. “I’ll pay $2 million cash tonight if he will fight for me at Bellator.”



The Dagestani fighter had his entire $2 million purse from UFC 229 withheld by the Nevada State Athletic Commission after he jumped into the crowd to attack one of Conor McGregor’s cornermen following the Oct. 6 main event in Las Veags. Some of Nurmagomedov’s teammates entered the Octagon to attack McGregor, including Zubaira Tukhugov, who appears to have been banned from fighting in the UFC by promotion head Dana White.

Nurmagomedov threatened to leave the UFC if Tukhugov is released from the UFC. “The Eagle” faces discipline from the NSAC at a future hearing, including a fine and suspension. White previously said that Nurmagomedov could be stripped of the 155-pound belt, though that appears to be a most unlikely scenario.

Meanwhile, Bellator President Scott Coker did his best to distance himself from “50 Cent’s” offer to Nurmagomedov.

“He [Jackson] called me yesterday and he said, ‘Hey, what’s going on with this?’ Coker said at the Bellator 208 post-fight press conference on Saturday (video courtesy of MMAjunkie.com). “I said, ‘Well, the commission’s involved. There’s a lot of steps to that whole situation.’

“I told him, ‘Hey, let’s just stay clear of it because that has nothing to do with Bellator. That has to do with the commission and the fighter and the league.’ So that’s their business.”

Even if Nurmagomedov makes good on his threat to leave the UFC, it’s doubtful the Las Vegas-based organization would release one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the sport from his contract to compete for its biggest rival. As for Coker, he views Jackson’s offer as something done from more of a managerial perspective.

“I think what he means by that is like him as a manager,” Coker said. “50 Cent, when he’s talking to an athlete, that has nothing to do with Bellator. I can’t tell 50 Cent what to say or not say, believe me.”

Jackson recently signed a deal with Bellator that will allow him to issue a $1 million payout to the winner of the welterweight grand prix. The agreement also includes licensing deals with the rapper’s champagne and apparel company.

Nurmagomedov responded to Jackson with his trademark, “Send me location,” while adding that 50 Cent should come visit him in Dagestan. It appears Jackson will take the UFC champion up on that offer.

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>