CM Punk Issues Statement After Second UFC Defeat: ‘You Win Some, You Lose Some’

By Tristen Critchfield Jun 10, 2018


CM Punk may be 0-2 as a mixed martial artist, but that didn’t prevent him from having a positive outlook following his second Ultimate Fighting Championship appearance.

The former WWE star issued a brief statement on Twitter following his unanimous decision loss to Mike Jackson at UFC 225 on Saturday. Punk was never competitive in the bout, but he did make it to the final bell. In his Octagon debut, Punk was submitting by Mickey Gall 2:14 into the opening stanza at UFC 203 in September 2016.

“You win some, you lose some,” Punk wrote. “I’m 1-1 this week and I’ll take it! Thanks to my team, my family , my friends and the fans! Wouldn’t be here without any of you. Respect to [Mike Jackson], thanks for the fight! You only live once…and I’m alive!”



The victory Punk references occurred in court earlier last week, when he was found not guilty in a $4 million defamation lawsuit filed by a WWE doctor against him. The case was resolved just days before Punk was scheduled to step into the Octagon against Jackson.

As for Punk’s long-term fighting future, it won’t likely be in the UFC.

“I think that’s probably a wrap for CM Punk,” UFC President Dana White said on Fox Sports 1. “I think he should do that for himself. He’s 39 years old. The guy’s got a lot of guts. He came out here and tried it twice, worked very hard and earned the respect of his team and a lot of other people. He looked tough tonight.”

However, Punk’s head trainer, Duke Roufus, told MMAFighting.com ahead of UFC 225 that his athlete would continue his fighting career regardless. That journey will probably have to be continued on a path outside of the UFC.

“He’s gonna continue,” Roufus said. “He’s got too much vested in this. He truly loves the martial arts lifestyle.”

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>
Write For Us