In a Feb. 17, 2009, article titled "Update: Leopoldo Arrested for Methamphetamine," Sherdog reported that UFC veteran Kimo Leopoldo had been arrested "for two felony charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of stolen property." The article stated that "Leopoldo tested positive for methamphetamine at the Tustin Police Department station" and that "a search of the fighter's car" produced "a baggie containing 'a small amount' of the drug." Sherdog's reporting on the matter was based upon a diligent and thorough investigation consistent with the highest journalistic standards, and the referenced information was obtained directly from police sources named in the story. However, Sherdog has since been advised that the information provided to Sherdog by those sources may have been erroneous. Sherdog is now informed that Leopoldo did not test positive for methamphetamine. Sherdog is also now informed that although methamphetamine was found in the car, Leopoldo was not the owner of the vehicle. Accordingly, Leopoldo has been charged only with possession of marijuana.
- UFC Champ Chris Weidman Receives Black Belt from Matt Serra, Renzo Gracie
- UFC Full Fight: Daniel Cormier Stops Patrick Cummins in LHW Debut
- Radio Poll: After Mayweather-Pacquiao, How Do You Feel About Boxing's Future?
- Tuesday MMA: A TV Viewer’s Guide
- UFC Full Fight Video: Watch Chris Weidman KO Anderson Silva