Conor McGregor Ignoring Hype Ahead of UFC Fight Night 26 Clash with Max Holloway

By Mike Whitman Aug 16, 2013



Conor McGregor has simple tastes.

“There are two things really like to do: whoop ass and look good,” said McGregor at Thursday’s pre-fight press conference to promote his UFC Fight Night 26 appearance. “I’m doing one of them right now, and Saturday night, I’m going to do the other.”

McGregor was initially supposed to face British talent Andy Ogle this Saturday at the TD Garden in Boston but was instead paired with Hawaiian prospect Max Holloway. As the lone Irishman on the UFC roster, McGregor has carried with him the hopes of many MMA fans in his home country. As Boston is known for its large contingent of citizens with Irish heritage, McGregor has found himself quite comfortable in Beantown ahead of his sophomore Octagon effort.

“I honestly feel at home here,” said McGregor. “I can’t go anywhere without seeing an Irish flag.”

Lauded for his striking skills and devastating punch combinations, McGregor has not lost in nearly three years. “Notorious” captured the Cage Warriors Fighting Championship featherweight and lightweight titles last year before making his UFC debut this past April, when he knocked out “Ultimate Fighter 14” alum Marcus Brimage in just 67 seconds.

Given the impressive nature of his UFC debut and the 12 knockout wins on his 15-fight resume, McGregor is looked on by many as one of the world’s best prospects at 145 pounds. However, even with all of the hype surrounding McGregor ahead of his clash with Holloway, the 25-year-old has kept calm during his preparation.

“I don’t care about what people say, good or bad,” said McGregor. “When that door shuts, I’m gonna go at my opponent. We’re gonna exchange, and that’s it. The result is not in my thoughts. I’m just going to go out there and do what I do, day in and day out. I’m living the dream.”

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>
Around The Web