Dana White: Tyron Woodley ‘Couldn’t Be More Full of S—t’ About Nate Diaz Fight

By Tristen Critchfield Feb 7, 2018




Just like he did in December, UFC President Dana White is denying Tyron Woodley’s claims that a fight with Nate Diaz is in the works.

This time, White did it a little more emphatically during an appearance on UFC Tonight on Wednesday.

“He’s full of s--t,” White said of Woodley. “That fight was never made, you couldn’t be more wrong, he couldn’t be more full of s--t, and it’s absolutely not true. It’s so not true that our lawyer hit him up today and said he needs to stop saying these kind of things, because it’s absolutely not true.”

Earlier this week, Woodley told ESPN.com that the UFC had already offered Diaz the welterweight title fight.

"I think that fight will happen," Woodley said. "I think it will happen this year. I think it's way more likely than people realize. There are conversations about Nate and I fighting in July. The UFC has offered Nate that fight. They just have to make it worth his while.

"I think I'll fight Nate this year, and I think it will be my return to the Octagon. If I had to bet the house on it, that's my next opponent."

White countered succinctly, telling the UFC Tonight crew, “I wouldn’t bet a nickel on it.” The UFC boss insists that Rafael dos Anjos, who owns victories over Robbie Lawler, Neil Magny and Tarec Saffiedine since moving up to 170 pounds, is the No. 1 contender in the division.

“Dos Anjos is the fight we’re looking at for Woodley,” White said. “That’s the fair fight, he just won a great fight against Robbie Lawler and looked good and what I love about that fight is dos Anjos will bring it. He will come after Tyron Woodley and it will be a great fight. That’s the fight that’s gonna happen.”

Meanwhile, Diaz on Wednesday said that he’s ”sick of not fighting” and that Woodley would be the best option for his Octagon return. The Stockton, Calif., native said he would be interested in facing the 170-pound champ at UFC 226 on July 7.

White’s interactions with Diaz have apparently been quite different.

“We’ve offered Nate Diaz five or six fights in the last several months and he’s turned them all down,” White said. “I’ve said many times over the last several months that I don’t see Nate Diaz fighting. Will he fight this year? Maybe he’ll come out and see he wants to fight eventually, but no, he’s turned down every fight we’ve offered.“

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>