FBI Investigating ISIS Threats Against UFC Middleweight Tim Kennedy

By Tristen Critchfield Jan 14, 2016

The FBI recently spoke to Special Forces soldier and Ultimate Fighting Championship middleweight Tim Kennedy after he was reportedly threatened by the Islamic State group (ISIS).

The Army Times confirmed the news after Kennedy posted about the situation on his Facebook page.

“Just spoke with the FBI regarding some recent credible threats towards me by ISIS,” Kennedy wrote. “They were not overly thrilled with my response…’Let those cowards come.’”

Kennedy, who previously served in the 7th Special Forces Group and is currently a sergeant first class with the Texas National Guard, told the Army Times that he normally receives up to 10 threats per day on social media. However, most of those come from what Kennedy referred to as “military trolls.”

This particular threat was more serious.

“They said, ‘Are you aware of this stuff?’ I said, ‘Yes.’ They said, ‘We think this is somewhat credible,’” Kennedy said. “Then I said, ‘I’m kind of desensitized to this stuff, so maybe you should tell me what my level of alarm should be.’”

Kennedy hasn’t competed in the Octagon since a controversial loss to Yoel Romero at UFC 178 in September 2014. In addition to a four-bout UFC stint, the 36-year-old Jackson-Wink representative has fought for Strikeforce, International Fight League and World Extreme Cagefighting over the course of 23 professional appearances.

Kennedy said he is not fazed by the intimidation tactics.

“What’s the definition of terrorism?” Kennedy told the Army Times. “It’s to achieve an objective through the use of force and fear. These are just nasty, evil, disgusting human beings who disrespect human life. I teach people how to live with threats like this. Who would I be to be cowering to a bunch of gutless cowards acting like a bunch of tough guys online?”


Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>