Manager Paul Heyman Dismisses Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Withdrawing From Fight With Cormier

By Nathan Zur Nov 21, 2018


It seems the mega fight for the Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight title between Daniel Cormier and Brock Lesnar early next year may be in jeopardy, with rumors circulating that Lesnar may have decided to pull out of the bout after signing a new deal with the World Wrestling Entertainment in the wake of one of their biggest stars, Roman Reigns, leaving the promotion as he prepares to undergo treatment for leukemia.

However, Lesnar’s WWE "manager," Paul Heyman, dismisses those rumors. Heyman spoke to TMZ Sports and claimed that as long as Cormier is up for the fight next year and the money is right, his client will be there, ready to challenge for the heavyweight belt.

“As long as Daniel Cormier has the balls to step into the Octagon and put his title up against Brock Lesnar and UFC comes up with the money for Brock Lesnar, I don’t see anything that would keep Brock Lesnar from taking the fight,” Heyman said.

Cormier fought earlier this month, defeating the heavy-hitting Derrick Lewis in New York at UFC 230, and now has his schedule clear to face one of the most physically imposing and popular champions the UFC has ever seen in Lesnar.

If the fight against Lesnar should fall through, “DC” has said he’d be open to a trilogy fight with Jon Jones at 205 pounds and just yesterday he also agreed to fight another former heavyweight champion in Stipe Miocic.

Cormier may only have one fight left in the UFC, as he plans to retire by the end of March 2019, just before his 40th birthday.

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>