Manny Pacquiao Agrees to Terms For Fight With Floyd Mayweather Jr., Revenue Split 60/40

By C.J. Tuttle Jan 14, 2015
Another roadblock en route to Manny Pacquiao fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr. has fallen with the news Pacquiao has formally agreed to terms that would put the best boxing has to offer inside the ring.

According to multiple reports, the Filipino fighter and his promotional company, Top Rank, have signed off on a May 2 date at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. While this is great news, “Money” has yet to approve the same arrangement.

Along with the tentative date of the fight, a source also told that Pacquiao has agreed to receiving 40 percent of the revenue earned from the fight. This would leave the remaining 60 percent to Mayweather, but it remains to be seen if this would be enough to satiate the thirst of the undefeated champion.

The negotiations are moving along, with Pacquiao’s side going as far as to say that there are already contracts in place on both sides of the table. The key issues plaguing the fight being made altogether have also been addressed, which includes the type of gloves used and drug testing protocol.

Critics remain cautious of the blockbuster coming to fruition, but if what Mayweather has said recently about wanting the fight to come together is true, the month of May couldn’t be here any sooner.

Pacquiao was last in action against Chris Algieri in Macau, China, easily dispelling of the New York native via unanimous decision to win his third consecutive fight. Mayweather hasn’t been in the ring since his rematch against Marcos Maidana in September.


Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>