Rafael dos Anjos Rips Tyron Woodley for Discussing Fight ‘That Makes No Sense’

By Tristen Critchfield Feb 7, 2018


It should come as no surprise that Rafael dos Anjos didn’t respond well to the news that the UFC was in discussion to book Tyron Woodley vs. Nate Diaz this summer.

Woodley told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the UFC has “offered” Diaz the fight and that “If I had to bet the house on it, that’s my next opponent.” That prompted dos Anjos to criticize the reigning welterweight champion on social media.

[Tyron Woodley] man up and stop talking about [a] fight that makes no sense,” dos Anjos wrote on Twitter. “Everyone knows that I’m the real contender. You want to fight a guy that has never beat a real welterweight in his life.” Shame on you…”



Dos Anjos, the former lightweight champion, moved up to 170 pounds last year and posted victories over Tarec Saffiedine, Neil Magny and Robbie Lawler. UFC President Dana White recently said that dos Anjos would be next in line to face Woodley as soon as the champion recovered from shoulder surgery.

Diaz, meanwhile, has not fought since losing a majority decision to Conor McGregor at UFC 202 in August 2016. The Stockton, Calif., native owns three victories at welterweight in UFC competition: McGregor (UFC 196), Marcus Davis (UFC 118) and Rory Markham (UFC 111).

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>
Write For Us