Toughill Out of Nov. 7 Strikeforce

By Loretta Hunt Oct 28, 2009
Erin Toughill has withdrawn from her 145-pound title eliminator bout with Marloes Coenen at Strikeforce “Fedor vs. Rogers” on Nov. 7 in Hoffman Estates, Ill, outside Chicago.

Toughill confirmed her withdrawal with Sherdog.com via text due to “medical reasons,” but would not elaborate other than to note that she was on course to making weight for the bout. Toughill said she will take some time to recover and will compete again at a later date.

MMAWeekly.com was the first to report about the cancelled bout that would have likely secured the next challenger for Strikeforce women’s middleweight champion Cristiane “Cyborg” Santos.

It is not yet known if Coenen, a product of Holland’s Golden Glory team, will still compete on the card with a new opponent. The bout had been scheduled for the event’s undercard, but CBS and Strikeforce had said they intended to air the bout during the network’s live telecast if time permitted.

Strikeforce officials were not immediately available for comment.
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>
Around The Web