UFC Featherweight Champ Conor McGregor Hints at Rematch with Nate Diaz on Instagram

By Tristen Critchfield Mar 25, 2016

It was a good knock. Enjoy it. We'll see the next time.

A photo posted by Conor McGregor Official (@thenotoriousmma) on Mar 25, 2016 at 1:11pm PDT

Conor McGregor added fuel to the fire regarding rumors that he will face Nate Diaz in a rematch at UFC 200 in an Instagram post on Friday.

“It was a good knock,” McGregor wrote while captioning a picture of his bout against Diaz at UFC 196. “Enjoy it. We’ll see the next time.”

Last week, reports surfaced that the Las Vegas-based promotion is in discussion to book the Diaz-McGregor rematch for UFC 200 on July 9 at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. While the rematch will reportedly take place at welterweight, Diaz said during an appearance on UFC Tonight that he would prefer to fight McGregor at 155 pounds.

Diaz submitted McGregor with a rear-naked choke 4:12 into the second round of their March 5 encounter in Las Vegas. While “The Notorious” one appeared to win round one, Diaz rocked his foe in the second stanza before securing the fight-ending maneuver. McGregor had been victorious in his previous seven Octagon appearances, including a 13-second knockout of Jose Aldo at UFC 194 to claim featherweight gold.

UFC 196 attracted a massive audience, drawing in the neighborhood of 1.5 million pay-per-view buys, according to UFC President Dana White. After the loss, McGregor initially said he would return to featherweight to defend his crown, but those plans seem to have changed.


Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>