UFC President Dana White, Conor McGregor Reach Deal for Floyd Mayweather Bout

By Tristen Critchfield May 17, 2017


One half of the contract for the proposed boxing match between Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is complete. Now it’s up to Mayweather and his team to follow suit.

During an interview on “Inside the NBA” on TNT on Wednesday night, UFC President Dana White confirmed that he had finalized McGregor’s portion of the deal. Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but White previously estimated that McGregor would earn $75 million should the fight take place.

“The McGregor side is done. I’m starting to work on the Mayweather side now,” White said. “I’m not saying the fight will happen. I got one side done, now I’m starting to work on the other. If we can come to a deal with [Al] Haymon and Mayweather, the fight’s gonna happen.”



Shortly thereafter, McGregor himself confirmed that he had reached an agreement with the UFC to face Mayweather in a statement on his website, The MacLife.com.

“It is an honor to sign this record breaking deal alongside my partners Zuffa LLC, The Ultimate Fighting Championship and Paradigm Sports Management,” McGregor said. “The first, and most important part of this historic contract has now officially been signed off on. Congratulations to all parties involved. We now await Al Haymon and his boxer’s signature in the coming days.”

McGregor hasn’t fought since capturing the lightweight championship with a victory over Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 this past November. The Dublin native recently celebrated the birth of his first son, Conor Jack McGregor, with girlfriend Dee Devlin earlier this month. As of now, there is no date set for the McGregor-Mayweather bout, but it would likely take place at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Comments

Comments powered by Disqus
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>