Floyd Mayweather is retired from boxing, but he claims the UFC has come through with a very lucrative offer to entice “Money” into the Octagon.
“They just called me not too long ago and asked me to come back,” said Mayweather on a Periscope video captured by FightHype.com. “I can come right back. If I want to, I can come right back to the UFC. I can go fight in the octagon – I can go and do a three or four-fight deal in the octagon and make $1 billion.”
Mayweather earned an estimated $300 million for his 10th round technical knockout victory over Conor McGregor at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Aug. 26. With the win, Mayweather improved to 50-0 in his boxing career and announced his retirement for a second time.
Mayweather has, however, teased a foray into mixed martial arts before. Recently, he told McGregor he would “whip your ass in the Octagon” at a press conference in London before their August fight. After their bout, McGregor said his opponent promised him a rematch in the cage.
McGregor has not competed in the Octagon since winning the lightweight title against Eddie Alvarez at UFC 205 in November 2016. Last week, former Mayweather foe Manny Pacquiao confirmed that his team had reached out to McGregor’s camp regarding a possible bout in April. Since then, both UFC President Dana White and Top Rank chairman Bob Arum have shot down the likelihood of that fight.