Nick Browne Forces Trey Ogden to Submit at LFA 76

By Jon Fuentes Sep 13, 2019

Legacy Fighting Alliance returned with an action-packed card from The Hartman Arena in Park City, Kansas. The LFA 76 show provided mixed martial arts fans with yet another plethora of finishes.

Headlining the night was a lightweight bout between Trey Ogden and Nick Browne. It was a dominant performance for Browne, who caught an Ogden kick and landed a flush shot to drop his opponent. Ogden was able to get back to his feet, only to be taken down by "Nyquil." After taking his opponent's back and locking in a rear-naked choke, Ogden had no other choice but to tap out just 2:24 into the first round.

In the co-main event, Chris Harris stepped into the cage with Joaquin Buckley at middleweight. Buckley showed some beautiful work on the feet right off the bat, working his way inside the pocket before landing a big uppercut that dropped Harris. Once Harris fell, "New Mansa" swarmed on the ground for some shots before the action was waved off for a first-round TKO finish at 1:08.

Eric Ellington met Jacob Thrall in a bantamweight thriller. Thrall got a big takedown to open up the round. However, Ellington was actually able to obtain the top position, before "Gerber Baby" set up for a nice guillotine. Thrall kept the choke locked deep, but Ellington put up a valiant effort to escape. However, Thrall's squeeze was too tight, and with only seconds left in the round, Ellington was forced to tap out at 4:52.

At featherweight, Alex McGowan took on Chuka Willis for three rounds. McGowan went in for an early takedown attempt that was stuffed by Willis after spending some time against the cage. The rest of the round was spent with McGowan and Willis clinching against the cage, exchanging knees, elbows, and uppercuts, with "The Lion King" seemingly landing the more significant strikes. Willis got the better of McGowan on the feet for the first half of the second round, before McGowan finally got his takedown. Willis stayed active off his back, throwing elbows and trying to adjust for a submission attempt before McGowan advanced to side control, which he maintained to end the round. Willis got an early trip takedown in the third round, which McGowan was able to stand back up from relatively fast. The pair clinched up for the rest of what was a fairly uneventful round. "The Lion King" was able to get one more trip takedown just before time expired. The judges awarded Willis the victory via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).

Thai Clark met Josh Augustine in featherweight action. It was all Clark in the first round after a caught kick from Augustine turned into a takedown. Clark was able to get off some steady ground-and-pound, but the referee questionably decided to stand the action up after a few minutes. On the feet, Clark got the better of Augustine to close out the round with a nice combination of strikes. In the second round, Clark again got the fight to the ground with a power double leg takedown. However, this time Clark couldn't get off as much ground-and-pound as he did in the first round. Despite this, the referee let "Landshark" continue to work before standing the fight up with a minute left in the round. Some shots were exchanged, but nothing of significance landed for either man. A beautiful lead hook from Clark started the final round before turning an Augustine flying knee attempt into a double leg takedown. There was some nice control from Clark and failed submission attempts from Augustine off the bottom, but the action was later stood up. Clark quickly got the takedown again, ending the round on top. The judges awarded Clark the unanimous decision victory (30-27, 30-27, 30-26).

Opening up the main card was a featherweight scrap between Tyler Ingram and Corey Davis. This was very much a clinching battle in the first round, with both men exchanging elbows and knees to the body before Davis got the takedown. But Ingram used a beautiful kimura attempt to sweep, get top position, and get the fight standing again. They clinched and exchanged some short shots to close out the round. In the second round, Ingram came out and landed some excellent shots to stun Davis. After getting the takedown and working some nice ground-and-pound, he established full mount and continued his attack. After taking Davis' back after a scramble, Ingram locked in the rear-naked choke, forcing Davis to tap out at 2:13.

The prelims kicked off with two amateur bouts as Devin Mayes defeated Shawn Moffett via first-round submission by way of a rear-naked choke, and Bishop Price took home a unanimous decision win over Lorenzo Carter. Two professional fights followed as Jeff Molina took out Chancey Wilson with a first-round rear-naked choke, and Steven Graham defeated Johnny Marigo via majority decision.
<h2>Fight Finder</h2>