Report: Jon Jones Faces Battery Charge for Alleged Strip Club Incident in Albuquerque

Jon Jones is facing a battery charge for an alleged incident that occurred at an Albuquerque, N.M., strip club this past April.

According to a report from Albuquerque-based station KRQE, a cocktail waitress from TD’s Eubank Showclub called police to her home and accused Jones of slapping her, pulling her down to his lap and kissing her on the neck. She also alleged that Jones put her in a choke hold and picked her up and continued to touch her after she asked him to stop.

Jones reportedly failed to show up for an arraignment for the battery charge in June and a bench warrant was issued. A Jackson-Wink MMA spokesperson claims that Jones was unaware of the warrant until he was contacted by KRQE. The UFC light heavyweight champion paid a $300 cash bond in Albuquerque Metro Court on Sunday, and the warrant was lifted.

Jones was not arrested because the Albuquerque Police Department isn’t generally notified of petty misdemeanor warrants, according to the report.

James Hallinan, a spokesman for Jones, denied the allegations against the fighter in a statement.

“Today, the media told Mr. Jones about a false accusation launched against him and that paperwork had been sent to an incorrect address,” the statement read. “However, after receiving the documents from the press, Mr. Jones immediately went to pay the small fee, and he, and multiple witnesses, stand ready to factually refute the malicious lies being told about him to the public.”

Jones later released a statement on the matter via Twitter:

It’s not the first time “Jonny Bones” has encountered trouble in his adopted hometown. Jones was charged with fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run accident in Albuquerque in 2015 a crashing his car into a vehicle driven by a pregnant woman. Jones was stripped of his light heavyweight title at the time. He ultimately pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 18 months’ probation.

In March 2016, Jones was cited for drag racing, having a modified exhaust, swerving between lanes exhibitionist driving and obscuring his license plate’s registration. After being pulled over, Jones berated Albuquerque police officer Jason Brown, calling him a “f—-ing liar” and a “pig.” He reached a plea deal in that case and was sentenced to 60 hours of community service and ordered to complete aggressive driving school.

Jones defended his light heavyweight crown with a decision victory over Thiago Santos at UFC 239 in Las Vegas on July 6.

Related Articles


Who is the greatest welterweight of all time?