Woman Files Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Conor McGregor for Personal Injury

By Tristen Critchfield Jan 19, 2021

A woman has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against Conor McGregor for alleged personal injury, according to a report from ESPN.

Dave Coleman, the woman’s attorney, revealed to ESPN that the lawsuit is over events that allegedly took place in 2018 and was filed in the High Court in Dublin, Ireland, on Monday. The woman’s mother has also filed a suit against McGregor. The news was first reported by the Independent, which also revealed that an associate of McGregor’s was named as a co-defendant. The nature of the case against McGregor is currently unknown.

The matter was initially investigated by An Garda Síochána, the Irish national police, but no charges were brought against McGregor. The former UFC two-division champion denied any wrongdoing through a representative.

"After an exhaustive investigation conducted by the Gardaí which, in addition to interviews of the plaintiff, included interviewing numerous sources, obtaining witnesses' statements, examining closed circuit footage and the cooperation of Conor McGregor, these allegations were categorically rejected," McGregor spokesperson Karen Kessler said in a statement. "The plaintiff knows the facts contradict the assertions in this lawsuit. Mr. McGregor will dispute any claims and is confident that justice will prevail."

McGregor was previously under investigation for two separate sexual assault charges, one for allegedly raping a woman at a Dublin hotel in December 2018 and another for allegedly assaulting a woman outside a pub in October 2019. Charges have not been brought in those cases and it is currently unclear if the investigations are ongoing.

The current lawsuit coincides with McGregor’s first fight in a year, as he will square off against Dustin Poirier in the UFC 257 headliner in Abu Dhabi on Saturday. Coleman told ESPN that there was “no specific reason” regarding the timing of the suit.

<h2>Fight Finder</h2>