Jennifer Maia's excellent grappling skills were a difference maker against Joanne Calderwood. Despite Calderwood having top position, Maia had the advantage once the fight hit the ground. She managed to lock in a tight armbar that forced Calderwood to tap in Round 1.
« Previous Jessica Andrade Moves to Flyweight to Take on Jessica Eye at Oct. 17 UFC Card Next Valerie Loureda Bellator 243 Virtual Media Day Interview »
More view more
- Nicco Montano Releases Statement Following UFC on ESPN 28 Weight Miss
- One Championship 'Battleground' Highlight Video: Victoria Lee Armbars Luping Wang
- Aspen Ladd vs. Macy Chiasson Rescheduled for Oct. 2 UFC Card
- Holly Holm Returns to 145 Pounds Against Norma Dumont at UFC Event on Oct. 16
- Professional Fighters League Adds Two European Prospects to Women’s Lightweight for 2022
More video interview
The Professional Fighters League 2021 Playoffs kick off Friday, Aug. 13 on ESPN 2 and ESPN Plus.